Word of Women: A Successful Divorce

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Marianne, 51, lives in Troyes, 2 children, 17 and 13 years old, realtor
A successful separation 

"We decided to separate, my husband and I, because of the weariness of our life together. It happened very quickly. The procedure was initiated after 3 months after talking and the divorce after 10 months. It was so because we divorced by mutual consent. We both agreed on child custody and alimony. The lawyer was a mutual friend and he did exactly what we wanted and the judge followed.

Lucile, 32, lives in Paris, a 6-year-old child, controller
Alternating custody 

"We divorced by mutual consent five years ago. We had one child who was a toddler at the time.
Joint custody did not exist legally, and the judge gave me custody of Valentin. But my job required me to travel frequently. Fortunately, my ex-husband himself had a sedentary job and he had found a home not far from home. It is natural that we have come to the alternate residence, without appearing before the Family Court judge. We made decisions together: religion, education, type of education. It was not always obvious.
There are errors to avoid. E.g. Christmas or birthday together: when one parent leaves the child, they are confused and want them to stay. On the other hand, the child's father was not too good at caring for the child every day. He tended to see the gifts that he did not present, relying too much on the baby-sitter. But overall, I think it's a good solution for the child.

Anne, 27, lives in Roubaix, childless, decorator.
A former gold 

When he told me he wanted to regain his freedom, the sky fell on my head. And it was worse when I learned that he had shared his life with another woman for several years. But now I think it's an opportunity that presented itself to me. I had married just after high school and Yves was much older than me. In fact, he was the father I never had. I prolonged my childhood with him. I did not graduate. I have not worked. Yves had a lovely job and we did not need a second income. He felt guilty for not having pushed me to study. I now live with a boy of my age and I am very happy with him.

Christina, 74, lives in Vernon, 5 children, retired.
A new beginning at age 72

There was disagreement over a long time. First, we said we would leave after our last child’s departure. Then, my husband wanted to sell his cabinet. He is a doctor and I had been his assistant since he left the hospital to practice in a firm. But one would think we were masochistic and our daily shouting matches we had become essential to every term we had set. Finally, I made my decision when I learned that I could have enough to live decently, although I had never been declared. My husband kept our apartment in Evreux, and I went home at the countryside, where I am at ease among my roses, my children and grandchildren when they come on holiday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Divorce Advice | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates