Start the New Year: Happy 2011

Sunday, January 2, 2011

"New year, new life ..." That is the purpose that we often set and seldom achieve. You must have felt this deep desire to improve or change something in your life, so why not ask how to make a real change in your lives? Change jobs, your personal relationships and your family, move to another city, focus on your lives ... all these are concerns that always haunt us and that we have for the year to come. "I will quit smoking, do more sports, I will encourage social relationships, look for a job I really like, lose 5 kilos, try to be more tolerant and open to dialogue ..."

It is not enough to want things in order to get them: we need a change in attitude and thought. Why cannot we assume them? Why not take this year to take this step we want? If so, do not let the desire escape, because you feel it everyday. If today you have that desire to be another or to be different or any other desire, stick to it and make it happen. The beginning of a new year is the time to gather your forces and all the excitement to begin the best year of your life and you can achieve it.

The New Year is an opportunity to improve your life, your home and your work. "I will start to change all of them or either of them. Maybe last year was not the best. On the contrary, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth, but this year will be different as there is a desire, a purpose. I have another chance I will not waste, because life is too short. This is what you should say with determination."

How to cope with the changes for the year to come?

The question is how to cope with the changes so that they are carried out for real. The quality of our thinking determines the quality of our lives. Thus, the mental control of thoughts can help us face life with optimism and tranquility. But we cannot expect the New Year to involve a catharsis that throws all our problems away and facilitates the achievement of our objectives. “The world' is not always responsible for our situation. We are responsible for our actions and our feelings and we are the only ones who can influence them and change them.

Take Action: Tips to start acting

1.Write a list of things to change. You might want to make all the changes at once because have a state of anxiety. Make a short list. Thus, you have time to make more changes. Make the changes one by one and notice how each step will be easier. Start with the easiest change to make. Talk to your friends and people who want things to change. This is not only meant to make you express yourself, but it can also bring positive and useful feedback which can influence the changes you want to make.

2. Set a goal. It is important to know what your goal is, to plot a strategy to help you achieve it. The aim should always be realistic. Do not say 'I want to have Claudia Schiffer’s body", but "I would like to lose five kilos because I have plenty".

3. Delete the words "I cannot. "I cannot" already implies a limit. You can get everything you want as long as you always believe in the possibility of achieving it. If you believe that it is impossible to lose weight or quit smoking, you will never succeed. The objectives should go from easy to achieve to the most difficult to achieve. Note the fact that if you don’t achieve the more difficult goals you set, you may give up on all the rest as you lose your confidence in your own strength.

4. Imagine the success. Imagine wearing two sizes smaller clothes, having a coffee with your friends without smoking or doing the creative work of your dreams. If you can imagine it, you can get it.

5. Tolerate "failure". Not achieving a goal doesn’t represent a failure that should stop you from taking any further action. That particular objective failed for specific reasons and you may be able to address others.


Addressing the negative thoughts and transform them into positive changes

- Negative Thinking (P-): I cannot quit.>Positive Thinking (P +): I release myself from the urge to smoke.
- P-: I can never lose weight.>P +: I like the way I am. Little by little, I will get rid of the extra kilos.
- P-: Every time, I have fewer chances of changing jobs.>P +: I am open and receptive to new career possibilities.
- P-: I find it difficult to make new friends.>P +: I'm happy people enjoy being with me. It is very easy for me to make friends.
- P-: I am unable to find a partner. >P +: My ideal partner is waiting for me and I'll find them at the right time.

We can always choose to live the world as we know or discover what we would like to be better and follow our dream.

May this new year 2011 bring you peace, love, health, harmony, solidarity, happiness and prosperity ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Divorce Advice | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates