Divorce Keeps Children Fit

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My parents got divorced when I was about 4 years old and my little brother was just 9 months old. Their divorce was difficult and complicated, they were young (I was born when they were 16 1 / 2 years old and 21 years old).

My mother was very difficult and very nasty to my father. He did not deserve this.

One year later, my father met a woman. In fact, she was a girl as she was 18 at the time. They fell in love and she played dolls with us. It was nice.

I was more mature then. I was actually my little brother’s mother in less than five years.

My father and his girlfriend cooed quietly during all this time.

One day, everything changed.

I was so comfortable with my father, with his girlfriend and him, that I felt good. I asked my dad if I could live with him. I could not stand all these bad things my mother and those my mother said about him and his girlfriend.

I was enrolled in school, I was in CM2. My school year went very well.

My mother was there at the end of the school year, so I followed her naively. I had just turned 10 years. We went to get my brother in his class.

It was a difficult period. I wanted to live with Dad. I phoned my father in secret. I stole money from the races (5 or 10 cents per GB here and there, I quickly came to call my father) to get money for the cab.

We lived at home. Everything was going well until they had a child in 1988. My mother drank, smoked. She gave birth to a premature child, who was born after 7.5 months of pregnancy and weighed 2,200..

When my little brother (yes, my little brother, this baby they had together) was 6 months old, he had a serious gastrointestinal problem and he was hospitalized. Everything is now back to normal.

My father and my stepmother got married in September 1989. I didn’t attend his wedding. In 1991, she had another child, although she was drinking again and smoking like 10 firefighters. She gave birth two months earlier than the due date and the baby weighed 1,700. But this baby caught meningitis when he was just 15 days old '. He almost died, he had a number of lumbar punctures, so he was perforated all over his body. Now, he is 12 years old and he has these white traces on his palm, traces left by the infusions.

In short, nothing was too much. I had a little brother when I was 12 years old, another one when I was 15 and I was the one who raised them since their mother spent her time in front of the television, watching soap operas. I had to take care of the home, the kids and myself? Well, I worked well in school, but I was a mom before knowing what motherhood was.

Once, I was punished, cloistered in my room, no TV, just my books and music.

There was a huge difference between us and her children. I had to show her the holes in my shoes and tell her that I needed new ones, while she had an overflowing closet and she didn’t feel like she had enough shoes anyway!

She began to be jealous of me. Her 2 sons loved me as if I was their mother, they spent time with me and they were my first buddies. My father did nothing, he was working hard to feed his family and she told him her version of things.

I started law school when I was eighteen years old. I went to coffee more often than I went to classes. If a student gets a scholarship, the money is paid in the student's bank account and not in the parents’.

There was a huge scandal when I succeeded in winning a scholarship. She never gave me any money to go out, she never bought me clothes or shoes, she never took me shopping, so I had to do something on my own.

She searched my room regularly, read my intimate journal and told everybody that I was a "lazy" girl and that I didn’t care about anything ... (By the age of thirteen, she no longer wanted to wash my clothes!

I wanted to leave, but my father didn’t tell me anything, so why do it?

However, one day, my father told me to leave!

Then, I met a boy, who I fell in love with.

He also had a step-parent that was hard on him and threw him out, so we left our home and moved in together.

It’s been 8 1 / 2 years since then. I'm 27 years old and we are happy, we have 2 beautiful children, aged 5 and 16 months, and everything is fine between us.

I have not seen my father since and this is terribly bad. In fact, I am angry because of this. She won, but I decided to let them live in peace. She succeeded in destroying the very good relationship I had with my father. He does not even know my children.

And then I just heard they had to sell their house. They moved 1200 km away from us ...

Once, I sent him a letter telling him everything, so that I could take it all off my chest. This was a year ago ... He sent it back.

I know that everything is finished, she won and I'm the one who is shedding tears of grief.

I have not had an easy life. I cannot see my mother or my father or my brothers and I am suffering because of that!

So do not forget that there is nothing children can do in such situations. They cannot oppose a new love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Divorce Advice | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates