Separation and Custody of Children: Advice

Monday, January 3, 2011

It is with great pleasure that I will share my experience hoping it can help you in terms of divorce and children. When we parted, our daughter was just 3 years old!

We have divided custody as follows: as she was not in school yet, she was with me on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and with her dad and on Wednesday (day off) and on weekends.

Later, when it was time for her to go to class, I required school days she was home, for the simple reason that I was not working, so I had enough time to watch over her schoolwork.

She is home from Sunday evening until Wednesday at noon, then I take her to her paternal grandmother or she dines with her dad and then she gets home around 5 pm, she sleeps with him and returns around 7:30 on Thursday morning. On Friday night, her dad comes to fetch her home and she goes at his place on weekends until Sunday evening at 6. In addition, we share the summer (when we do not spend them all together) and the Christmas holidays as well. I am very flexible as far as the schedule is concerned and I also accept when her dad can take an additional day off to stay with her.

I'm not saying that it was easy for her to live without both parents at the beginning, but what is more important is that the pace is always the same. In addition, we must not only send the children from home with a bag on her back and with little stuff (clothing, toys etc.). We decided that she would always have everything she needed and wanted whomever she stayed with!

I can tell you it's been over 7 years now since we’ve been working like this and all the pediatricians we have consulted advised us to accept this system because we were the first to divorce and to ask what model of care to ask for. In fact, the experts were very surprised to see a fulfilled daughter, who was even happier than average, a girl who didn’t feel the fact that her parents are divorced. All this is due to the fact that she can take advantage of these 2 parents who respect her and who are always there for her.

Just like at home, we live within 3 minutes of each other in the same village and I swear it works like clockwork. As imposed by divorce law, my ex-husband pays me alimony (not a very high one), but we share the "wholesale fees" that may occur such as: dental devices, glasses and other devices or things she needs and I cannot provide on my own.

This is the best solution we can find, a solution which makes everyone happy.

I often explain to Valentine that it is better to have two homes and separated parents than all of them living under one roof, but not getting along at all. In short, it is our choice, it works really well and she finally has two homes and, also, twice as much love! This is my stone building my beautiful tone. I am sending you a big snowball!! Yes, there is a small glass of white wine to warm you up and some snow on the top of the mountains next to us. Above all, I give you my best wishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Divorce Advice | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates